April 02, 2009

Distance Traveled

I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

This is how far the initial sketchbook has traveled. It's been to 32 different artists, so far two countries. It's been to 23 states and get this...

...it's traveled 29,657 miles!

Actually, it's likely traveled more than that. I've only added the direct line distance between points on the map. If you were to account for driving routes and the way flight plans bend or even land in different cities and then ship elsewhere, the number is likely to go up.

But, by way of comparison, the Earth at the equator is 24,902 miles. So our little sketchbook has traveled around the Earth once already and it's only a third complete. And we've just started sending to some international folks.

I'll start another map for the new sketchbook and maybe the moleskine as well. If someone has suggestions on better routing maps that fit what we need for this project, please let me know. Otherwise I'll keep manually making lines on a map.

Thanks, all. And keep up the good work.

No comments: