July 18, 2007

Drawn!

Greetings to those artists coming here via the posting on Drawn! Those submitting questions along with your sign up form, I will be doing my best to answer them as they come in.

Just a reminder, at this point the sign up is basically so I can have a way to contact you. There's no deadline for the project and sending in a piece of art for the Single Mailer is the way you sign up for the other sketchbook, the Big Mailer.

I'll be adding an FAQ onto the Rules page of the main site as well, but as always, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email.

I also wanted to add something for those just joining us. Right now the project works like this.

You sign up, say you're interested. I store your info. You send in a drawing. I mark down you've sent something in and put you on the list for the 2nd part of the project, which is the sketchbook being sent around. Now, we've already had 55 people send in artwork (as of last count) so that means if you drew something today and sent it tomorrow, there'd still be 55 people ahead of you. If you consider each person takes a week to draw and remail, that's just over a year, ideally.

I don't want to say this to discourage people, I'm just saying that I welcome the excitement but I don't want people to misunderstand the nature of the project. The reason we're doing a Single Mailer is to get something done soon. The reason we're doing a Big Mailer is to get something done that's unique. The later may take a long time, just be prepared for that.

That's all, welcome aboard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea.

The quality of the artwork submitted already is impressive. Its looking good so far...